Neil Gaiman: “I didn’t have a career; I just did the next thing on the list.”
Looking back, I’ve had a remarkable ride. I’m not sure I can call it a career because a career implies that I had some kind of career plan…and I never did. The nearest thing I had was a list I made when I was about 15 of everything I wanted to do. I wanted to write an Adult novel, a Children’s book, a comic, a movie, record an Audiobook, write an episode of Doctor Who….and so on. I didn’t have a career; I just did the next thing on the list.
Wise words from Neil Gaiman that gave meaning to my ambition. So in the hope of clearing my head, here is my list:
Complete a novel (any novel) Chicklit novel
- YA novel
- Paranormal Fantasy novel
- Romantic Comedy novel
Drama Pilot Episode (or as Stapes said: A metaphysical drama) Comedy Pilot Episode
- Anti-Romantic Comedy Feature Film
- Silent Romantic Short
- Psychological Thriller Feature Film
- Seriously terrifying horror film that gives me nightmares even as I write it (why?)
- Comedy Feature Film
- Become a staff writer
- Become a Showrunner
- TV Series about witches…and ghosts…and mythology.
- Sitcom based on Caru in Wonderland pre-novel
It’s quite a list I know. I look forward to making good art.